Practical tax advice you can count on.
Established in 2019 by a team of tax experts, Business Setup Consultants is one of the top rated Tax Advisory firms in Zimbabwe.
Our tax advisors are very successful in their respective fields. Since formation as a Zimbabwean Tax Advisory firm, we have saved millions of dollars for some of the big names in Mining, Manufacturing, Construction, Energy and Agriculture through professional advisory in tax law, tax planning and tax structuring.
As Zimbabwean Tax Experts our aim is to
- Reduce risk exposure by keeping clients compliant with their tax obligations.
- Minimize client tax liability through strategic tax planning and extensive tax law research aimed at identifying changes in tax laws that create opportunities for new strategies.
We provide the following key tax advisory services:
- Advisory in Corporate Tax, Withholding Tax, VAT and PAYE
- Compliance checks in Corporate Tax, Withholding Tax, VAT and PAYE
- Tax Planning and structuring
Request A Quote
Hit the button below to get the most favourable price.
Frequently Asked Questions
A tax clearance certificate is a document that is issued by the Commissioner General of the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA) to a person liable to pay tax under any of the Acts administered by ZIMRA. The certificate is issued upon request to a person whose tax affairs are up-to-date or has made satisfactory tax compliance arrangements with ZIMRA.
Tax clearance does not necessarily offer a direct benefit. It is usually needed as a requirement for doing business with other companies. There are certain situations in which your business may need tax clearance and some benefits a tax clearance certificate may give your business:
- To participate in government tenders (almost all governement tenders require a valid tax clearance as a condition).
- To participate in public tenders (this is mostly because tax registered companies prefer to do business with other tax registered companies).
- To prove that you are tax compliant (a tax clearance certificate is proof that you are paying taxes or are putting your tax issues in order).
- To avoid the 10% withholding fee (tax registered companies are required by law to withhold 10% from any company that does not have a valid tax clearance. This is levied only on order amounts above $250 during any tax year)
Tax clearance is available for anyone who is liable pay any form of tax to ZIMRA. This includes both individuals and companies.
- Individuals or companies that have paid or submitted tax returns.
- Newly registered companies that want to trade with tax clearance requiring businesses but have not yet paid tax to ZIMRA.
if you are doing with our service it will take us 3days to complete the whole process.
A tax clearance is not necessary to start trading. However, you can not open a bank account without a tax clearance. Also most companies will not conduct business with a company that is not tax compliant ( i.e. without a tax clearance).
The requirements for obtaining a tax clearance in Zimbabwe are as follows:
- Certified copies of company papers.
- Certified copies of directors’ IDs.
- Proof of residence for every director (attach affidavit if proof is not in director’s name).
- Directors’ email addresses and phone numbers.
- Current bank statement of the company.
- Current personal bank statement of one of the directors.
- A budget of $50 – 150 if done through this website.